The Naked Smoky has been out for a while (since last year), but I had so far valiantly resisted adding another eye shadow palette to my collection. I have all three of the Naked palettes, the Naked Basics, and the Naked Ultimate Basics. I thought the Naked Smoky looked gorgeous, but I wasn’t sure I’d use the darker, smokier shades often enough to justify the price. This month, the lovely Canadian beauty blogger, Miss Hailey, provided the awesome tip that the Naked Smoky was half price on the Urban Decay Canada site for a one day only sale. Normally $66 CAD, it was going for $33 plus free shipping! Well that was all the convincing I needed. I couldn’t resist the allure of the Naked Smoky eye shadow palette any longer.When it arrived, I just loved the swirling smoke design on the outside of the palette.
The shades themselves are what you’d expect from one of the Nakeds – a beautiful selection of smoky neutrals with a nice mix of shimmer and mattes – and some deeper shades than the other three UD palettes. Like the Naked 2, I think the Smoky palette overall is more on the cool-toned side of things.
The 12 shades in the Naked Smoky are:
- High (champagne shimmer with micro-glitter)
- Dirtysweet (medium bronze) – shimmer
- Radar (metallic taupe with iridescent micro-glitter)
- Armor (metallic silver-taupe with tonal sparkle)
- Slanted (light metallic grey)
- Dagger (medium charcoal with micro-shimmer)
- Black Market (jet-black satin)
- Smolder (deep plum-taupe) – matte
- Password (cool taupe matte)
- Whiskey (rich brown matte)
- Combust (soft pink-taupe) – matte
- Thirteen (light beige satin)
I’ve had a chance to play around with it a little, and so far I really like it, especially some of the matte shades, like Combust, Password, and Smolder. Radar is also super pretty. I’m glad I was able to pick this up at half price as an early Christmas present to myself, lol. Its a great palette.
Have you tried the Naked Smoky? What did you think? What’s your fav Naked palette? Leave me a comment below.
Also – Merry Tips Eve (what we call Christmas Eve Eve here in Newfoundland!)
Thanks so much for reading!
Nerdy Librarian Girl ❤