Although I really like the Makeup Geek eyeshadows, it can be tricky purchasing them because your only option is ordering them online, which means you don’t get to see the colours in person or swatch them. I have quite a number of MUG shadows, and most of them are awesome but some of the shades, once I received them, didn’t really work on me so much.
I thought a post about the MUG eyeshadows that work really well on fair skin might be helpful for others contemplating which shades to order. I generally prefer cooler toned shadows and I do find that the MUG shadows can tend to be on the warmer side. Here are the 9 shadows that are my favourite of all of the ones I’ve ordered:
- White Lies: a matte white
- Vanilla Bean: a creamy beige that is a close dupe for MAC Brule. You can see I’ve hit pan on this one.
- Rockstar: a very unique shade, described ad “pale silver with purple iridescence”
- Moondust: a slightly shimmery silver taupe
- Barcelona Beach: a creamy matte, sandy brown (pretty neutral)
- Hipster: a very natural looking, light, shimmery taupe. absolutely love this one!
- Prom Night: a cool, purpley-gray taupe that is very similar to MAC Satin Taupe. One of my favourite eyeshadows from any brand.
- Taupe Notch: a neutral, satiny taupe
- Pretentious: a wearable bronze, even for fair skin, that isn’t overly warm
These super pigmented, creamy eyeshadow pans sell for an amazing $5.99 USD, which at the current exchange rate is about $7 CAD. They ship via Canada Post so I have never incurred any additional duties or customs charges. Shipping is less than $10 USD and is very fast. I could definitely recommend ordering from the Makeup Geek site.
I purchased both my Z Palettes from the Makeup Geek site as well. The small black palette, which I ordered to keep my favourites in, was $14.99 USD, and the large pink Z palette (which holds 27 MUG e/s pans) is $20 USD.
I hope this helps you if you’re are trying to decide which MUG shadows to get. Have you tried the MUG shadows yet? What are your favourites?
Thanks for reading!
Nerdy Librarian Girl ❤