My very last post of 2014! I’m sure everyone’s going to be thinking about makeup today as you’re getting ready for New Year’s Eve. I love new years makeup. Its a great excuse to try out something crazy you wouldn’t’ wear everyday, like a black smokey eye, silvery iridescent shadows, glitter liner or dramatic false lashes!
Speaking of eyeshadow…I recently ordered some of the Makeup Geek blushes, and I couldn’t resist ordering a few of the new eyeshadow shades that have come out as well. I already have quite a few of the MUG shadows and I like them a lot. They are good quality shadows in a huge range of shades at what seems like an impossibly low price. I should really do a post on my favourite MUG shadows.
Some of the new shades that caught my eye were:
- Beaches & Cream: a matte peachy-cream shade
- Rockstar: a really unique, duochrome type of shade, described as “pale silver with purple iridescence”
- Barcelona Beach: a matte, medium cool-toned brown
- Hipster: a beautiful taupe with a slightly shimmery finish (but not glittery, more of a sheen)
- Preppy: a light, matte, cool brown with green undertones
I’m loving all five of these shades! I especially love Hipster. If you are a taupe fan, you need Hipster in your life. I’m also surprised at how much I like Rockstar. It looks really good all over the lid. I used Preppy with it in the crease and added a black liquid liner for a really pretty 1950s eye look.
MUG eyeshadow pans are an amazingly priced $5.99 USD. I highly recommend the MUG site for inexpensive and super fast shipping to Canada.
Which Makeup Geek shades are your favourite?
Happy New Year everyone and thanks for reading!
Nerdy Librarian Girl ❤