I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the super cute ColorMePeach. The rules are: I have to answer 11 questions given to me by the person who nominated me, list 11 random/fun facts about myself, and nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to answer my questions, and let them know they’re nominated (fyi – I wasn’t sure how to determine “followers” since there are many ways to subscribe to a blog, so I’m just going by WordPress followers).
Here are the 11 questions from ColorMePeach:
1. Do you watch youtube makeup gurus, and who are your favorites? I am addicted to youtube, and I subscribe to a lot of different beauty vloggers. Just a few of my current favourites are:
2. If you had to live in an extreme climate would it be very hot or cold? I’m from Canada. Cold of course 🙂
3. Who inspired you to blog? Not so much a specific “who”. I loved reading other people’s blogs and I knew I had lots of opinions about makeup myself. I thought I might have a unique perspective to offer because I’m Canadian, I have very fair skin and also sensitive skin. I always had a hard time finding info on where to buy products in Canada, and reviews specific to my skintone and type. That’s what inspired me to start my blog.
4. Do you try and save money on makeup? If so, how? That’s difficult in Canada. I’m always hearing about amazing sales at some of the American chains, like Ulta, but Canadian drugstores don’t really do that. Plus I end up having to order most things online. A couple of things I do to try to save money are:
- Read the fine print about shipping before I order online, and use companies that either offer free shipping with a minimum purchase, or ship via USPS or Canada Post, and don’t charge additional customs or import duties.
- Redeem my Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points on makeup. All my Chanel makeup for instance I got with Optimum Points.
5. Do you have any pets? I had a dog, a german-sheppard cross named Clov, who I had for 12 years. She passed away two years ago 😦
6. Under water snorkeling or skydiving? Honestly, neither. I’m not much of a thrill seeker. Both sound way too scary.
7. What’s your favorite number? I don’t really have one.
8. What are your plans in 5 years? Well, I’m engaged, so in 5 years I plan on being married, and we’ll need to buy a bigger house (I bought a really little place when I was single). I love my job, so I plan on still working in the same place. Other than that, I don’t have any specific plans. I’ll just see where life takes me I guess 🙂
9. Favorite can’t-live-without makeup product? Under-eye concealer!
10. What is a store you always stop at while shopping? Sephora!
11. What’s your most unique piece of clothing? Probably my fascinator collection – I have about a dozen or so.
11 Fun/Random Facts About Me:
- My favourite colour is pink
- I have an undergraduate degree in Fine Arts
- I am lactose & gluten intolerant
- I once drove the entire way across Canada, from British Columbia to Newfoundland
- I’ve never had “brain freeze”: my useless superpower is that I can drink or eat super cold things really fast
- My favourite cocktail is a Vodka Gimlet (vodka, club soda, and a twist of lime on ice)
- I have a sister who has red hair and freckles and looks nothing like me
- I love old, black and white Hollywood films
- My favourite tv show of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- I’m tall (5’9″) and have really big feet (size 10)
- I’ve always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon
I’m nominating these 11 awesome bloggers:
- Cecilia’s Corner
- Hattie Hearts
- in a nutshell…
- Brook Beauty
- Pretty and Messy
- Movie Beauty
- Mykela Claire
- Ruby Dreams of Makeup
Their 11 questions are:
1. Which current celebrity do you think has the best makeup?
2. If you had to pick, which one of these 1980s movie characters would you be?
3. What is your number one, absolute favourite lipstick of all time?
4. What is your favourite shade of eyeshadow right now?
5. Is there a nailpolish shade you’re currently loving?
6. What was the first makeup or beauty product you remember buying?
7. Which decade’s makeup style do you like best?
8. What splurge-worthy, high-end makeup item is on your wish list right now?
9. What are you currently binge-watching on Netflix or whats in your recently viewed list?
10. Have you ever tried a makeup or beauty DIY and if so, how did it work out?
11. What is one helpful makeup or beauty tip you could share?
I’m looking forward to everyone’s posts!
Thanks for stopping by,
Nerdy Librarian Girl