I was nominated for Cecilia’s Corner Beauty Blogger of the Month Award by the sweet and lovely Christina from A Casual Beauty and the talented Sonal from sonalhira…x. You should really check out their beauty blogs. I think this award that Cecilia created is such a neat idea and I am very honored and excited to be nominated.
Part of the nomination is answering these 7 beauty related questions:
1. Where does your makeup inspiration come from? From my mom and my grandma, both very beautiful ladies who would never leave the house without looking glamorous. For day-to-day inspiration, other beauty bloggers and youtubers (I’m addicted to tutorials!). I’m also always looking closely at the actresses’ makeup whenever I’m watching a tv show on Netflix or a movie, and then I have to Google what eyeshadow or lipstick they were wearing. I even ask strangers what makeup they’re wearing sometimes! So I get inspiration from a lot of places.
2. What are 3 of your makeup Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
Concealer, concealer, concealer? I definitely could not live without under-eye concealer. If I had to pick two more, I would go with blush and lipstick. My three couldn’t-live-without-them makeup products would have to be:
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
Most days I have on very work appropriate (I work at a library) and natural looking makeup: foundation and concealer, light neutral eyeshadow, mascara, blush, and either a nude, a pink or a berry-toned lip.
4. Let us know your favorite makeup brands? Let’s see…MAC, Revlon, NYX, Benefit, and if I’m feeling splurgey, Chanel and Guerlain.
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve? I don’t really have a specific one, except maybe not wearing makeup at all, ever. I have to hold back the urge to start putting makeup on them 🙂
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason! Concealer, definitely! I am very pale and my under-eye area is quite dark and purpley and really stands out. Without concealer I look so tired. I also strongly believe that over the age of 30, under-eye concealer is not optional – lol.
I am also happy to nominate 7 other awesome bloggers to receive next month’s Beauty Blogger award:
For more information and rules for participating, visit Cecilia’s original post. Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by!
Nerdy Librarian Girl