I have sensitive skin that’s also fairly dry. I’m always searching for good moisturizers that won’t irritate my skin or, if I’m using it on my face, won’t cause breakouts. Here are some of my favourites:
- Complex 15: This is my go-to moisturizer for my face that I use daily. Its water-based (so it won’t cause breakouts), lightweight, and fragrance-free. It was actually recommended by my dermatologist. I’ve been using it for years. Its available at most Canadian drugstores (Shoppers Drugmart, London Drugs, Lawtons Drugs), Walmart, and online through well.ca. Its also very inexpensive. PRICE: $7.99-$9.99 CAD
- Impruv Cream: Specifically for dry, sensitive skin it contains no dyes, perfumes or preservatives. It has shea butter which can be a little rich, so I don’t use this one daily. But it is great in winter or on those days when my skin needs extra hydration. I get mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. Its also available online through well.ca. PRICE: $16.50 CAD
- Oilatum Cream: Made for the treatment of eczema and dry skin conditions, Oilatum is fragrance-free and contains 6% light liquid paraffin and 15% white soft paraffin. I picked this up while I was in England and its my favourite hand cream. I love the way the paraffin feels. Oilatum is a UK brand and sadly its been discontinued in Canada, but it is available on amazon.ca. PRICE: $13.28 CAD
- Bio-Oil: Advertised to “improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks”, I have no idea if Bio-Oil can actually do that, but it sure can moisturize. I really like using this on my elbows and feet. Its does have some fragrance, but hasn’t irritated my skin. Its available at most Canadian drugstores (Shoppers Drugmart, London Drugs, Lawtons Drugs), Walmart, and online through well.ca. PRICE: $12.99 CAD
- Bioderma Sensibio Light: Water-based, preservative-free and fragrance-free, I tried this after I started using Bioderma Sensibio H2O (love it!). Bioderma is available at Shoppers Drug Mart and online through Murale. PRICE: $29.95 CAD
Do you have a favourite moisturizer for sensitive skin?
Thanks for stopping by ❤