After my post on Annabelle lipliners I felt like I needed to give a shout out to my other favourite drugstore lipliners, the Milani Color Statement Lipliners. I first heard about these from LisaLisaD1. These are very similar to MAC lipliners (which I also really love) and are just as good quality in my opinion, but for a lower price. The differences would be you get more product with the MAC liners (1.45g vs the 1.14g Milani) and I find the Milani liners softer and require more frequent sharpening, so the MAC would certainly last longer. Also, MAC has a much wider colour selection. I think the Milani are the best drugstore lip liners.
If you love neutral lip liners though, you will love some of the shades from Milani. I have:
- 02 – True Red: This is the only non-neutral one I have, that I got for using with red lipsticks. Its a blue-toned red, which is harder to find in a liner, and is also nice to wear on its own.
- 03 – Nude: My favourite and the one I have worn the most (I’m getting down to the end and will definitely repurchase). It’s a light, pinkey-brown nude. It’s a my-lips-but-better shade worn on its own and also works with almost any lipstick shade.
- 04 – All Natural: My second favourite. It leaves the land of “pinkey” brown and arrives more in nude brown land. This is a great one for a 1990s lip! It’s a light, neutral brown so it also works well with lots of lipstick shades.
- 07 – Brandy: A pretty, dark, mauvey-brown. It’s the darkest out of the five I have.
- 09 – Spice: A medium, warm brown.
I find these liners creamy, non-drying, easy to apply. They make a great base under lipsticks or on their own for a matte lip. They retail for about $3.99 CAD which is amazing. I ordered mine (with the exception of True Red) directly from the Milani website which ships to Canada. Shipping was $16.45 USD, but there were no additional customs fees.
Thanks for checking out my blog. Have a great day! ❤